I built this website for my brother to show off his various writing projects. This site features:
- a custom post-building interface so that updates are quick and easy to make and are consistent in content and visual presentation.
- a custom child theme built on the Toolbox framework for the ability to make the design look and function just right without sacrificing the functionality of a fully-functioning theme or worrying about losing changes due to theme updates.
Community Veterinary Center is a fictional organization I created for the purpose of a school assignment to design and code a fully-populated website.
For Panpur Tuition Fund, I designed and installed a custom WordPress theme to assist in their fundraising and publicity efforts.
The Illinois Wind Energy Association asked me to design a site with a very fast turnaround as they had no web presence at that time. I had this site up and running within a week.
The organization has recently performed a more comprehensive internal redesign.
Information Architecture is the art and science of determining the best way to structure information so that it provides the best possible user experience. "Information" is an umbrella term includes the processes, procedures and interactions that comprise the products being offered and the goals and expectations of the customer. An information architect must have the skills to listen, understand, question, and digest both sides of the equation, find elegant solutions to balance the equation, and then present these solutions clearly. Just as end-users must be able to understand and interact with the product, business stakeholders must understand the solution before it can be implemented. An IA is a user advocate, but must also have a realistic view of the limitations of technology, law, and business to identify where compromises can be made with minimal sacrifice.
I love being an IA because this happens to be how my brain works anyway. Although I started out as an administrative assistant, I decided to move into this field because I found myself using the tools of an IA to solve problems and find solutions to needs that would arise. I decided to pursue my Masters degree in Human-Computer Interaction to learn and develop my skills through hands-on experience.
I believe that "individual best equals team success". When everyone is working to their strengths and doing what they do best, success is assured.
- Wireframes for Competitive Analysis of Account Management
- Personal Portfolio for Paul Devlin (updated for 2011)
- Comprehensive Evaluation of Stage Left
- Student and Application Management Database
- Just Can’t Wait to be King: Representations of Autonomy in Disney Animated Features
- Coursework Completed for My Master’s Degree in HCI
- Maintenance Minder
- Comprehensive Evaluation with Site maps and Wire frames
- Wireframes and Sitemap for Netflix.com
- This Is For The Birds
- Community Veterinary Center
- Panpur Tuition Fund
- Usability Guidelines
- Usability Test, Last.FM and Pandora